- Improved our Show switching experience so now when you are viewing a specific page (eg. Your Audience Downloads) and switch to a different show, it will keep you on that same page (instead of redirecting to the Dashboard)
Release Notes: January 20th, 2020
Release Notes: December 18, 2019
- Fixed: Show listing page Sort Order is now retained, so every time you view your Shows list it will be in the order you chose.
Release Notes: October 18, 2019
- We’ve added the ability to have multiple Authors in your show’s RSS feed. These will display in the order that you’ve entered them and show in apps where supported. You can add these from your Show settings (similar to how you add keywords).
Release Notes: October 14, 2019
We're pleased to announce that the next time you log into Simplecast, you'll be greeted by our all new Dashboard, which includes:
- A faster login loading experience (which is especially great when switching accounts!).
- A quick snapshot of your Analytics with a direct link to view all your Audience Analytics.
- A link to your most recently published episode with quick links to Share, Recast, and Episode Details.
- Quick links to your most recent drafts (up to 3 listed).
- Quick links to Help Articles
- Quick links to Simplecast updates (Changelog, Blog, Twitter)
- A better designed On-boarding experience for first time customers.
To view the analytics that once lived on the dashboard, you'll now find them in the Audience tab under Overview (this is the default page you land on when you click "Audience"). With this update, you'll get:
- A refreshed design and navigation so that you can conveniently view your Audience Overview and Audience Insights all in one place.
We have also launched a new distribution channel: Pandora - From the distribution page, you can find out how to submit your show. Once approved, you can then save your link so that your listeners can find your show on Pandora via your site and web players.
Release Notes: September 10th, 2019
- Launched an all-new WYSIWYG Text and Markdown Editor for Episode Notes and Transcripts.
- All new Show Listing page design. This comes with new Sorting Options (Alphabetical, Last Updated, Newest/Oldest), Search, ability to see your “Role” on the show, and a new Quick Menu to jump to Episodes, Audience Analytics or Show Settings. See this update when viewing "All Shows"
Release Notes: August 12th, 2019
- View your episodes in the new Episode List View (with quick menus) when you click the Episodes tab. It has improved filtering, sorting, and pagination. You can also toggle between List and Grid views.
- The unofficial Simcast Wordpress Plugin is now fully updated to work with our newest version of Simplecast - https://wordpress.org/plugins/simcast/
New Audience Feature: Web Player Analytics!
This brand new set of analytics provides several insights into how your show is being listened to on your Simplecast Web Player. You can check out:
- Total streams for your show
- Streams per episode, with additional stats such as starts, average completion, hours listened, and average playback duration.
- The listening speed used by your audience
- When you select a single episode, you can view what parts of the episode people listened in the Episode Retention chart
- Downloadable reports, which are available for all of the analytics on this page
Learn more from our Web Player Analytics FAQ.
Read the blog post to understand how these analytics can help you on your podcasting journey!
Release Notes: August 5th, 2019
- You can now add Radio.com and Deezer to your Simplecast site and Web Players via the Distribution page. On that page you will also find quick links to submit your show to those services.
Release Notes: July 29th, 2019
- You can now add external links to your Simplecast Site's navigation. Learn more
- Quick menu added to Episode Cards to quickly jump to Edit or Details & Sharing.
- Web Players can now be embedded with your Episode short link on Wordpress.com.
Updated Apple Podcast Categories
We have added support for the new Enhanced Apple Podcasts Categories that you can update in your Show's Settings.
You can now find the list of category changes here.
A note from Apple Podcasts: "Changes to the enhanced Apple Podcasts categories are scheduled to go live later this summer. In preparation for that, the category menu may be temporarily removed. "