- View your episodes in the new Episode List View (with quick menus) when you click the Episodes tab. It has improved filtering, sorting, and pagination. You can also toggle between List and Grid views.
- The unofficial Simcast Wordpress Plugin is now fully updated to work with our newest version of Simplecast - https://wordpress.org/plugins/simcast/
Weekly Change Log August 12th, 2019
New Audience Feature: Web Player Analytics!
This brand new set of analytics provides several insights into how your show is being listened to on your Simplecast Web Player. You can check out:
- Total streams for your show
- Streams per episode, with additional stats such as starts, average completion, hours listened, and average playback duration.
- The listening speed used by your audience
- When you select a single episode, you can view what parts of the episode people listened in the Episode Retention chart
- Downloadable reports, which are available for all of the analytics on this page
Learn more from our Web Player Analytics FAQ.
Read the blog post to understand how these analytics can help you on your podcasting journey!
Weekly Change Log August 5th, 2019
- You can now add Radio.com and Deezer to your Simplecast site and Web Players via the Distribution page. On that page you will also find quick links to submit your show to those services.
Weekly Change Log July 29th, 2019
- You can now add external links to your Simplecast Site's navigation. Learn more
- Quick menu added to Episode Cards to quickly jump to Edit or Details & Sharing.
- Web Players can now be embedded with your Episode short link on Wordpress.com.
Updated Apple Podcast Categories
We have added support for the new Enhanced Apple Podcasts Categories that you can update in your Show's Settings.
You can now find the list of category changes here.
A note from Apple Podcasts: "Changes to the enhanced Apple Podcasts categories are scheduled to go live later this summer. In preparation for that, the category menu may be temporarily removed. "
Weekly Change Log: July 15th, 2019
- Episode Transcripts can now be added to your Episode which will show on your Simplecast episode pages. These can be linked from your show notes to assist in accessibility, SEO and overall engagement with your episodes.
- You'll now receive an email notification when one of your Episodes is published. This email will be sent to Show owners, Managers and Admins on your show.
- Alternative episode URLs will now display in your Share Link in your Web Player.
- Now when creating an episode, we'll default to the most current Season # used and Episode Number (combining your drafts and published episodes).
Weekly Change Log: July 8th, 2019
- Recasts now have a share URL that you can use to share on across social networks. They can now be embedded with the embed code or when shared on Twitter, Medium and other services that support oEmbed (like our Web Players) they will automatically pull in the Recast.
Weekly Change Log: July 1st, 2019
- Adding and editing your episodes now has a simpler, streamlined design. Note: though the presentation has changed, the fields and options for your episodes are the same.
Weekly Change Log: June 24th, 2019
Episodes are now scheduled, published and shown in the Show's selected timezone (you can change this in Show Settings). Note: Episodes were always posted in the shows' set timezone, but the interface would show your browsers local time zone instead.
Web Players will now automatically scroll to display the full title when you press the Play button or hover over the title. This is helpful for longer titles that are longer than the width of the player on some displays.
The 'Publish' button for drafted episodes has been moved from the top menu bar. Now it is to the right of the 'Schedule' button, to prevent accidentally publishing your episode too early.
Custom URL slugs for Episode links can now be up to 255 characters long.
Weekly Change Log: June 3rd, 2019
- Add subscribe links to Episode pages on your site
- Improved show import reliability
- Check on systems status anytime in the Simplecast Intercom widget
No published changelogs yet.
Surely Simplecast will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree